Re: [ontolog-forum] Two ontologies that are inconsistent but bothneeded

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Chris Partridge" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:42:41 +0100
Hi Bill,    (01)

I think you may be mixing up my examples.    (03)

In the Paris Metro simulation they had (for example) a three-level
stratified notion of process - with a tree structure. Their definition of
process and entity was also similarly constrained. The reason for this was
that most of the process were controlled by people (rather than be nature).
With my ontologist hat on, I thought their notion of process/entity was as
bizarre as thinking that the spirit of Napoleon moves the cars on schedule.
Hence, why I raised this. It seems to me that one may be able to take more
ontological liberties with intentional objects. Whereas Barry works more
with natural objects - so may have a different experience.    (04)