Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology-building vs Data Modelling (was Two ontolog

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 22:47:31 +0700
Peter, Bill
I did not reply to Bills question cause I am still researching part of it

I believe two good papers make initial essential reading

- the ontology metamodel ( comparison with e/r for example and other stuffs)
- the model driven ontology engineering

sorry dont have the links on me

both papers differentiate and identify similaries between different, complementary  models/views -

there is more published stuff out there, I am reading it

(and precision of _expression_ as provided by controlled vocabularies in essential to ontology building, except perhaps for matematicians who live in a world of formulas)

cheers

PDM