Re: [ontolog-forum] Finnegans Web

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Gary Berg-Cross" <gary.berg-cross@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 16:00:01 -0400
Adrian,    (01)

To be fair, I was quoting from OWL documentation whose disucssion itself was
struggling with how to represent certain conceptualizations of the world (to
use Guarino's formulation of this) in the OWL formalism.  In this process we
see some of the limitations of OWL-DL so this may indeed encourage us to move
to a more expressive formalism.  So the discussion provides some value in that
direction as well as providing some ideas on a quality conceptualization for
part-whole.  My suggestion is that this explicit discussion is useful to cover
with domain people help ontologists build ontologies.     (02)

Gary Berg-Cross    (03)

Ours is the age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who
try to.
  - H. Mumford Jones <http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/23570.html>     (04)