Re: [ontolog-forum] A "common basis"

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Patrick Durusau <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 06:44:58 -0400
Pat,    (01)

Cassidy, Patrick J. wrote:    (02)

>Kathy,
>  Could you provide us with an ontology that has no physical objects in
>it, just quantum-mechanical wave functions?  I have to admit that my
>imagination fails me here and I can't figure out what an ontology like
>that would look like.

You might be interested in an article in the May issue of Scientific
American, "A Do-It-Yourself Quantum Eraser," May, 2007, pp.90-95.    (03)

Supplemental material for the article can be found at:
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=E20B77CB-E7F2-99DF-33669D92032DFF8C    (04)

 From the article:    (05)

"We will show you how to set up an experiment that illustrates what is
known as quantum erasure. This effect involves one of the oddest
features of quantum mechanics-the ability to take actions that change
our basis interpretation of what happened in past events."    (06)

Hope you are having a great day!    (07)

Patrick    (08)

>Pat
>
>Patrick Cassidy
>CNTR-MITRE
>260 Industrial Way West
>Eatontown NJ 07724
>Eatontown: 732-578-6340
>Cell: 908-565-4053
>pcassidy@xxxxxxxxx

Patrick Durusau
Patrick@xxxxxxxxxxx
Member, Text Encoding Initiative Board of Directors, 2003-2005    (010)

Topic Maps: Human, not artificial, intelligence at work!     (011)