Re: [ontolog-forum] OWL and lack of identifiers

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jack Teller <drjackteller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 20:38:46 -0400
To All;
not to belabor the points being made below, there are several variations
that often occur.  Let me cite one frequent example:  multiple
representations of the same real world object (RWO), appearing in a data
store.  Several of the attributes are identical, or similar, or at least
close, but due to the perspective (or the methods employed) to gateger
the descriptive data, each representation of the RWO contains some
values that contradict all 'like' values in the other representations.
Yet each representation remains valid and is useful for its purpose, AND
each is a purports (?) to be the  representation of the RWO in its own
context.  Users of the different contexts, are able to assimilate and
integrate these various representations and usually w/o confusion build
an accurate understanding of the RWO sufficient for their needs.    (01)

Jack Teller    (02)