Re: [ontolog-forum] Visual Complexity

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 12:21:59 +0700
Yes Chris    (01)

I dont know Pat, nor what he does exactly, and I am sure he knows his
stuff (whatever that is). It's just a situation where him and I may
represent two different views, so while he is polite enough to read my
contributions, I ll do the same even if somehow I feel that we
speak very different languages and maybe live simply in different
worlds (although maybe
Pat thinks there is only one world, his)    (02)

 I can tell if someone understands software development and the
internet from his posts,(my world)  , that's what I meant by 'out of
the loop'
(not at all intending to be disrepectful, just probing how distant is
his planet from mine)    (03)

 I am sure that the more erudite people are sometimes, especially if
their field is narrow, the less they are prepared to admit their
limitations, and to look out of their box for answers,  and the more
reluctant r they are to react and adapt to change    (04)

Somehow I dont think its my position to bring up to date of the latest
research trends and advancements the very same people who pontificate,
prescribe the do's and dont's ,  on issues that clearly have limited
references about.
 The facts I reference, and referred to as 'figments'  are product of
the latest research and   publicly available on the internet, and I
have invested a lot of personal and professional time doing research
and the reading.
(i will however follow up my first post with references as promised,
as this is due)    (05)

Again, nothing personal at all,  but it would worry me if people  in
charge of develping web standards,have limited
understanding/background /up to date knowledge in web application
development and usage  (dont know what standards Pat is working on)
 But forgive me if I am wrong, Just the feel I get from his reply to my post.    (06)

But yes, lets put it down to coming from different contexts, and hope
that we can learn from each other    (07)

cheers
PDM    (08)