[ontolog-forum] ontology applications in intelligent social networks

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Deborah MacPherson" <debmacp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:40:16 -0500
I think the general public will be able to understand this opportunity
better the descriptions are simplified. For example:    (01)

providing citizens and their communities with
>> prospective best practices, situational awareness, coordinated focus
>> on mission critical gaps, and smart swarm capabilities to anticipate
>> and address small and large-scale social crises.  Special emphasis
>> would be on the needs of vulnerable populations incident command
>> systems often do not address and on situations where command and
>> control systems fail.    (02)

could be more along the lines of:    (03)

You Are Here
Tools to see and discover what is happening around you right now.
Weather emergencies, official alerts and instructions, questions and
answers....    (04)

the actual text can be worked out when the system is worked out but
most people who could benefit from access to this kind of information
do not understand the terminology behind it. A simpler explanation
will be needed to test or introduce this kind of open ontology to
non-experts.    (05)

Thank you,    (06)

Deborah MacPherson
Accuracy&Aesthetics    (07)

On 1/26/07, paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx <paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Great, Mike! "Ontology applications in intelligent social
> > networks" sounds exciting. I, for one, wouldn't want to miss it.
> > That fits it nicely into Ontolog's charter, as well as the
> > Rex/Bob current endeavor on emergency response which they are
> > continuing with.
> >

> Not strictly an ontology, but an application, and not only Intelligent,
> but also happy to give a
>
> I think the foaf expertfinder for emergency might be an example of what you
>are
> talking about, if I understand you right
>
> added page to wiki
>
>http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PaolaDiMaio/Expertfinder_For_Emergency_And_Poverty_Relief
>
> Look forward to feedback
>
> regards
>
> paola di maio

Deborah MacPherson
www.accuracyandaesthetics.com
www.deborahmacpherson.com    (011)

The content of this email may contain private
confidential information. Do not forward, copy,
share, or otherwise distribute without explicit
written permission from all correspondents.    (012)