Re: [ontolog-forum] ontology applications in intelligent social networks

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Carl Reed OGC Account" <creed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:14:04 -0700
There is currently an interesting discussion on the foaf and W3C geospatial
semantics list regarding linking foaf with geonames. Looking to enhance the
ability to locate entries in the foaf database. The only problem is that
this is only one possible linkage scenario and does not represent a generic
approach. It also ignores all of the work done in a variety of standards
organinizations related to the expression of location, especially as
pertains to alerts and emergencies.    (01)

Carl    (02)