Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology and Databases

To: <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: <matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 12:07:30 +0100
Dear Chris,    (01)

I've been away for a week at an ISO meeting working on ISO 15926,
so I've found it difficult to keep up with things here, so unless
its my imagination I think we had an exchange after your note
below when you said that the data models in CL were really data
models of the syntax, not of the underlying logic (or that's how
I understood you).    (02)

That is a shame, because I do have some questions that I consider
to be ontological questions about CL (or pretty much any other
logic). Perhaps you can help?    (03)

What is a variable?
What is a free variable?
What is a universal variable?