Re: [ontolog-forum] Request to Rank "Top 5" Ontology-Driven Applications

To: Kurt Conrad <conrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ontolog Forum <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 16:34:27 -0500

>Bob Smith and I have consolidated the various ontology-driven
>applications suggested at last Thursday's call and via messages
>posted to the list.
>
>The consolidated list can be found at:
>http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?TopFive
>
>Please rank the most important applications    (01)

Is this supposed to refer to actual deployed
applications, or a wish-list of likely future or
possible future application areas?    (02)

If the former, can anyone identify the actual applications?    (03)

If the latter, what future timescale are we
talking about? And why just these applications?    (04)

In either case, can anyone say what the point of this exercise is?    (05)

Pat Hayes    (06)

>  using the provided ID
>numbers and submit your rankings by posting a message to the Ontolog
>Forum mailing list.  Rankings will need to be posted by Thursday,
>2006.10.05, to enable a consolidated list to be forwarded to Mills
>Davis, for his conference.
>
>Last Thursday's discussions prompted Bob and I to develop a framework
>for describing and characterizing ontology-driven
>applications.  Because of the limited time available for this
>exercise, we have decided not to publish the framework.  We will,
>however, suggest launching a project to create a more thorough
>inventory (both scope and detail) at this Thursday's planning meeting.
>

>/s/ kwc 2006.10.03 11:20

>Kurt Conrad
>588 Bancroft St.
>Santa Clara, CA 95051-5612
>(408) 247-0454
>mailto:conrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>www.SagebrushGroup.com

IHMC            (850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.    (850)202 4416   office
phayesAT-SIGNihmc.us       http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes    (08)