[ontolog-forum] Request Postponement of Aug 31st Emergency Response Ont

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Rex Brooks <rexb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 09:45:58 -0700
Dear Colleagues,    (01)

I reviewed my schedule with respect to the upcoming scheduled
"Ontology Applications in Emergency Response Panel Discussion" in
light of some unexpected developments in the course of preparing for
last week's presentations and discussions on "Ontologies and Service
Oriented Architecture."    (02)

The result of this review is that I think discretion may be the
better part of valor, and I would like to postpone the "Ontology
Applications in Emergency Response Panel Discussion" from Aug. 31 to
a later date.  I have discussed with Bob, and we want to be sure that
our invited speakers can schedule their time for the full two hour
session and have sufficient lead time to develop their very brief
presentations to the fully specified topic Bob and I will be posting
in the next week or so.    (03)

Thanks very much, and please excuse any inconvenience, but we think
it best to prepare thoroughly. We think the value that the practice
of ontology can bring to emergency response management is suffiently
vital to allow some extra prep time.    (04)

Regards,
Rex
--
Rex Brooks