Re: [ontolog-forum] Re: Ontolog Discussion - Ontologies & SOA - Mo

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Nabonita Guha" <guha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 10:39:51 +0530 (IST)
Dear Yim,    (01)

I will be definitely going to attend this conference through Web Conf. As
this will be my first experience of participation in such live virtual
event, please let me know how the participation is going to be in this
environment. Will I've audio as well as video access of the event? Any
other special feature?    (02)

Thanks for your reminder.    (03)

With regards    (04)

Nabonita    (05)

> *REMINDER*
>
> The Ontolog "Ontologies & SOA" discussion session is coming up
> this Thursday. If you are planning to come and haven't yet
> responded, please e-mail me off-line (with name, title &
> affiliation), so that I can get you registered, and in so doing,
> make sure we reserve enough resources to support everyone on the
> call.
>
> Looks like this is going to be another very well attended event.
> See who's going to be there (so far), at:
> http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_08_10#nidP0R
>

> I look forward to your participation.  =ppy
> --
>

> Peter P. Yim wrote Wed, 02 Aug 2006 12:45:32 -0700:
>> Re: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_08_10
>>
>> *ANNOUNCEMENT*
>>
>> We are pleased to announce our next Ontolog Scheduled Discussion
>> Session. The title of the session is: "Ontologies and Service Oriented
>> Architecture," put together for us by Mr. Duane Nickull (Adobe) and Mr.
>> Rex Brooks (Starbourne Communications). The session will be conducted
>> over an augmented conference call and is scheduled for Thursday August
>> 10, 2006.
>>
>> Duane and Rex are brining in a wonderful panel of industry experts to
>> help us get the conversation going. Whether you are architecting an
>> SOA-based system, or just curious about how Ontologies and Taxonomies
>> fit in, you don't want to miss this session.
>>

>> *Conference call-in details*:
>>
>> Date: Thursday, Aug. 10, 2006
>> Start Time:  10:30 AM PDT / 1:30 PM EDT / 17:30 UTC
>>   (World Time:
>>
>http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=8&day=10&year=2005&hour=10&min=30&sec=0&p1=224)
>>
>> Session Duration: ~2 Hours
>> Dial-in Number: +1-641-696-6600 (Iowa)
>> Participant Access Code: "686564#"
>> VNC shared-screen support available
>>

>> Topic: *Ontologies and Service Oriented Architecture*
>>
>> *Abstract* (by Duane Nickull & Rex Brooks):
>>
>> The goal of this session is to explore what role ontologies and
>> taxonomies play within a service oriented architecture environment.
>> Ontologies and taxonomies can be employed in service oriented
>> environments in numerous ways, through ontologies of domains, for
>> instance health informatics or plastics manufacturing, or taxonomies of
>> services or service categories within domains, so we want to explore how
>> ontologies and taxonomies can improve the availability and performance
>> of services in these roles. 3 guest speakers will each bring a unique
>> perspective on the topic and speak for 10 minutes followed by a quick Q
>> & A. After the final session, a longer group Q & A and discussion will
>> take place among all participants in the session.
>>
>> *Panelists*:
>> o Mr. Ron Schmelzer (ZapThink)
>> o Dr. Ken Laskey (MITRE)
>> o Ms. Rebekah Metz (Booz Allen Hamilton)
>>

>> *Refer to details on the session wiki page at*:
> [...]

Nabonita Guha    (07)

Junior Research Fellow,
Documentation Research & Training Centre,
Indian Statistical Institute,
8th Mile, Mysore Road, R.V. College Post,
Bangalore-560 059, Karnataka, INDIA
Email: guha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
       nabonitaguha@xxxxxxxxx
Webpage: http://drtc.isibang.ac.in/~guha    (08)