Re: [ontolog-forum] Calendar on Events of Professional Interest to the O

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: ewallace@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 10:05:39 -0400 (EDT)

Peter,    (01)

On the way home the other day, I had an alternative thought about the
Events calendar.  It is a "What if..." sort of a wish rather than a
recommendation.      (02)

Suppose this information were kept as RDF data.  It could be maintained
as a set of triples containing all the event data without concern for
order or presentation.  Then different pages could simply provide
different views of this data, presenting only the data meeting some
criteria and ordering and formatting that data as appropriate for the
view.  I'm not sure what advantages RDF would bring vs a relational DB
and SQL for this sort of approach, but it is closer to "eating our own
dog food" and is designed specifically for web use.    (03)

Just a bit of in car day dreaming.    (04)

-Evan    (05)