Re: [ontolog-forum] Updating the Ontolog Charter

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Jon Bosak <Jon.Bosak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:54:30 -0800
We now have, officially, an updated charter. Our charter now reads:    (01)

//    (02)

Ontolog is an open, international, virtual community of practice,
whose membership will:    (03)

* Discuss practical issues and strategies associated with the
development and application of both formal and informal ontologies.    (04)

* Identify ontological engineering approaches that might be
applied to the UBL effort, as well as to the broader domain of
eBusiness standardization efforts.    (05)

* Strive to advance the field of ontological engineering and
semantic technologies, and to help move them into main stream
applications.    (06)

See the update on our wiki at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidB    (08)

Regards.  =ppy