Re: [ontolog-forum] Updating the Ontolog Charter

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 13:30:03 -0800
Peter:    (01)

Some comments and questions inline:    (02)

ProposedCharter = Ontolog is an open, international, virtual community
of practice, whose membership will:    (03)

>    * Discuss practical issues and strategies associated with the
> development and application of both formal and informal ontologies.    (04)

DN - is there a formal definition of "formal" vs. "informal" ontologies?    (05)

>    * Identify ontological engineering approaches that might be applied
> to the UBL effort, as well as to the broader domain of eBusiness
> standardization efforts.    (06)

DN - why would we distinguish UBL above others?  Do we want to do this?
(note - I have no opinion on this).    (07)

Duane    (08)

--
Senior Standards Strategist - Adobe Systems, Inc. - http://www.adobe.com