Re: [ontolog-forum] Invoice ontology and SUMO

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Duane Nickull <duane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:11:30 -0700
To me,  the definition depends ont eh context.  If the invoice can be
eletronically linked to other transactions via a smart business process,
it should not be necessary to include line items for each item, only a
reference to the original PO.  If it cannot be linked, then it will have
to include these.    (01)

Likewise, almost every piece of information or definition depends on the
surrounding context.  Geo-political factors definately affect it as well
as legal ramifications.  What does an "Invoice" (or "Facture" in Quebec)
mean in Canada?  Is that the same semantics as in Bengal or Nairobi?    (02)

"An invoice is a container data element that includes other data
elements to convey a request for payment.  The nature and number of the
secondary data elements depends on the context in which it is being used"    (03)

Duane Nickull    (04)

Yellow Dragon Software - http://www.yellowdragonsoft.com
Web Services & ebXML Messaging / Registry Downloads
Project Team Lead - UN/CEFACT eBusiness Architecture
Phone:   +1 (604) 738-1051 - Canada: Pacific Standard Time
Direct:  +1 (604) 726-3329     (05)

MDaconta@xxxxxxx wrote:    (06)