mphise-talk

Re: [mphise-talk] the MPHISE Conference - Day-1 Panel-1 Briefing-4 - pre

To: "'[mphise-talk] '" <mphise-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Steve Ray" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:12:17 -0700
I agree with George's important point, which also is illustrated in my own
field of systems integration. Integrated systems also have a habit of not
standing still. In the end, what is of lasting value is the ease with which
one can achieve, or re-achieve, an integrated state. Integration is a
process, not an end. So we should perhaps think of the ease with which we
can assemble, or re-assemble, a quality ontology, often under shifting
circumstances. We could look for tools that help in the construction
process, that could also help ensure quality and consistency - Computer
Aided Ontology Engineering (CAOE, unpronounceable acronym).    (01)

- Steve    (02)