cctont-imp

Re: [cctont-imp] CCT to SUMO

To: CCT Ontology Implementation <cctont-imp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, cctont-imp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Adam Pease <adampease@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:11:25 -0700
Hi Peter,    (01)

At 09:17 AM 6/21/2004 -0700, Peter Yim wrote:
>Adam,
>
>This is great!    (02)

Thanks!    (03)

>Comments:
>
>1. There's a "< td valign=top>monetaryValue" on the third line, along with
>two "</td>'s" under the "Primitive data-type" column on the "Code. Type"
>and "Date Time. Type" rows. Note sure what they are (or if they belong
>there at all.) Please clarify (or clean up).    (04)

I'm not sure where you are looking.  Line 3 is blank on my version.    (05)

>2. After update, please rename file (as "CCTONT-worksheet-v0-3a.html" to
>reflect update. Kindly upload that (via WebDAV) to the work folder at:
>http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/CCT-Representation/wip/ (feel free to
>email me, if you want me to do the upload.) That way, we can refer to it
>via a URL.    (06)

ok, here you go    (07)

Adam    (08)

>Regards.  -ppy
>

>Adam Pease wrote Sun, 20 Jun 2004 18:38:47 -0700:
>
>>Folks,
>>   Here's an HTML page showing mappings of CCT to SUMO (+MILO etc).
>>Adam

>To  Post: mailto:cctont-imp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Msg Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/cctont-imp/
>Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CctRepresentation
>Community Files: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/CCT-Representation/
>Community Portal: http://ontolog.cim3.net/    (09)

Mapping the Core Component Types to the Suggested Upper Merged Ontology

Reference: ebXML Core Component Technical Specification v2.01 dated 2003-11-15

Ref#[CCT/SC]CCT NameDefinitionPrimitive data-typeRemarksSUMO Mapping (AdamPease-2004.06.20)Comments (PeterYim - 2004.06.16~20)
01-000CCTAmount. TypeA number of monetary units specified in a currency where the unit of currency is explicit or implied.this would be a RealNumber expressed in the second argument to MeasureFn
02-000CCTBinary Object. TypeA set of finite-length sequences of binary octets. Shall also be used for Data Types representing graphics (i.e., diagram, graph, mathematical curves or similar representations), pictures (i.e. visual representation of a person, object, or scene), sound, video, etc.ContentBearingObjectguess this would be something like an electronic message, electronic file, electronic document, digital data stream or digital data in general
03-000CCTCode. TypeA character string (letters, figures or symbols) that for brevity and/or language independence may be used to represent or replace a definitive value or text of an Attribute together with relevant supplementary information. Should not be used if the character string identifies an instance of an Object Class or an object in the real world, in which case the Identifier. Type should be used.SymbolicString, however, if the reason is just brevity, than it's an implementation detail, and the nformation should be represented. It would be up to an application to condense that information using a thesaurus or other approach, if necessary.
04-000CCTDate Time. TypeA particular point in the progression of time together with relevant supplementary information. Can be used for a date and/or time.use time
05-000CCTIdentifier. TypeA character string to identify and distinguish uniquely, one instance of an object in an identification scheme from all other objects in the same scheme together with relevant supplementary information.uniqueIdentifier
06-000CCTIndicator. TypeA list of two mutually exclusive Boolean values that express the only possible states of a Property.truesee comment under Indicator. Content
07-000CCTMeasure. TypeA numeric value determined by measuring an object along with the specified unit of measure.measure
08-000CCTNumeric. TypeNumeric information that is assigned or is determined by calculation, counting, or sequencing. It does not require a unit of quantity or unit of measure. May or may not be decimalNumber
09-000CCTQuantity. TypeA counted number of non-monetary units possibly including fractions.duplicating Measure apparently
10-000CCTText. TypeA character string (i.e. a finite set of characters) generally in the form of words of a language. Shall also be used for names (i.e. word or phrase that constitutes the distinctive designation of a person, place, thing or concept).a SymbolicString
01-001SCAmount. ContentA number of monetary units specified in a currency where the unit of currency is explicit or implieddecimalmonetaryValue
01-002SCAmount Currency. Code List Version. IdentifierThe Version of the UN/ECE Rec.9 code list.stringuniqueIdentifier
01-003SCAmount Currency. IdentifierThe currency of the amountstringReference UN/ECE Rec. 9, using 3-letter alphabetic codes. The UN/ECE Rec. 9 is also published as ISO 4217, but is available in electronic form and free of charge.CurrencyMeasure
02-001SCBinary Object. ContentA set of finite-length sequences of binary octets.binaryComputerData
02-002SCBinary Object. Format. TextThe format of the binary content.stringComputerData
02-003SCBinary Object. Mime. CodeThe mime type of the binary object.stringReference IETF RFC 2045, 2046, 2047ComputerData
02-004SCBinary Object. Character Set. CodeThe character set of the binary object if the mime type is text.stringReference IETF RFC 2045, 2046, 2047ComputerData
02-005SCBinary Object. Encoding. CodeSpecifies the decoding algorithm of the binary object.stringReference IETF RFC 2045, 2046, 2047ComputerData
02-006SCBinary Object. Uniform Resource. IdentifierThe Uniform Resource Identifier that identifies where the Binary Object is located.stringUniformResourceIdentifier
02-007SCBinary Object. Filename. TextThe filename of the binary object.stringReference IETF RFC 2045, 2046, 2047names
03-001SCCode. ContentA character string (letters, figures or symbols) that for brevity and/or language independence may be used to represent or replace a definitive value or text of an Attribute.stringSymbolicString
03-002SCCode List. Agency. IdentifierAn agency that maintains one or more code lists.stringDefaults to the UN/EDIFACT data element 3055 code list.uniqueIdentifier
03-003SCCode List. Agency Name. TextThe name of the agency that maintains the code list.stringSymbolicString
03-004SCCode List. Name. TextThe name of a list of codes.stringnames
03-005SCCode List. IdentifierThe identification of a list of codesstringCan be used to identify the URL of a source that defines the set of currently approved permitted values uniqueIdentifier
03-006SCCode List Scheme. Uniform Resource. IdentifierThe Uniform Resource Identifier that identifies where the code list scheme is located.stringUniformResourceIdentifier
03-007SCCode List. Uniform Resource. IdentifierThe Uniform Resource Identifier that identifies where the code list is located.stringUniformResourceIdentifierquestion: named as listed in table 8-2; note that this component is listed as Code. Name. Text Language. Identifier under table 8-1
03-008SCCode List. Version. IdentifierThe Version of the code list.stringIdentifies the Version of the UN/EDIFACT data element 3055 code list.uniqueIdentifier
03-009SCCode. Name. TextThe textual equivalent of the code contentstringIf no code content exists, the code name can be used on its ownSymbolicString
04-001SCDate Time. ContentThe particular point in the progression of timestringFor times use an ISO 8601 compliant format that includes the UTC offsettime
04-002SCDate Time. Format. TextThe format of the date/time contentstringReference ISO 8601 and W3C note on date timeSymbolicString
05-001SCIdentification Scheme Agency. IdentifierThe identification of the agency that maintains the identification scheme.stringDefaults to the UN/EDIFACT data element 3055 code list.uniqueIdentifier
05-002SCIdentification Scheme. Agency Name. TextThe name of the agency that maintains the identification schemestringAgent
05-003SCIdentification Scheme Data. Uniform Resource. IdentifierThe Uniform Resource Identifier that identifies where the identification scheme data is locatedstringUniformResourceIdentifier
05-004SCIdentification Scheme. IdentifierThe identification of the identification scheme.stringuniqueIdentifier
05-005SCIdentification Scheme. Name. TextThe name of the identification scheme.stringuniqueIdentifier
05-006SCIdentification Scheme. Uniform Resource. IdentifierThe Uniform Resource Identifier that identifies where the identification scheme is located.stringUniformResourceIdentifier
05-007SCIdentification Scheme. Version. IdentifierThe Version of the identification scheme.stringIdentifies the Version of the UN/EDIFACT data element 3055 code list.version
05-008SCIdentifier. ContentA character string to identify and distinguish uniquely, one instance of an object in an identification scheme from all other objects within the same schemestringuniqueIdentifier
06-001SCIndicator. ContentThe value of the indicatorstringFor example on, off, true, falseSymbolicStringThe Indicator. Content when combined with the Indicator. Format. Text is evidently ble to indicate more than just binary states. As such, mapping Indicator. Type to true may not suffice
06-002SCIndicator. Format. TextWhether the indicator is numeric, textual or binarystringSymbolicString
07-001SCMeasure. ContentThe numeric value determined by measuring an object.decimalFor example, 24.387 kilograms (24.387 is the Measure. Content)measure
07-002SCMeasure Unit. CodeThe type of unit of measurestringReference UN/ECE Rec. 20 and X12 355.ConstantQuantity
07-003SCMeasure Unit. Code List Version. IdentifierThe Version of the measure unit code list.stringversion
08-001SCNumeric. ContentNumeric information that is assigned or is determined by calculation, counting or sequencing.as defined by Numeric. Format. TextMay be decimalNumber
08-002SCNumeric. Format. TextWhether the number is an integer, decimal, real number or percentagestringsubclasses of Number
09-001SCQuantity. ContentA counted number of non-monetary units possibly including fractions.decimalFor example 7 bales (7 is the Quantity. Content)ConstantQuantity
09-002SCQuantity. Unit. CodeThe unit of the quantitystringMay use UN/ECE Rec. 20ConstantQuantity
09-003SCQuantity Unit. Code List Agency. IdentifierThe identification of the agency which maintains the quantity unit code liststringuniqueIdentifier
09-004SCQuantity Unit. Code List. IdentifierThe quantity unit code list.stringDefaults to the UN/EDIFACT data element 3055 code list.uniqueIdentifier
09-005SCQuantity Unit. Code List Agency Name. TextThe name of the agency which maintains the quantity unit code list.stringAgent
10-001SCText. ContentA character string (i.e. a finite set of characters) generally in the form of words of a language.stringSymbolicString
10-002SCLanguage. IdentifierThe identifier of the language used in the corresponding text stringstringReference ISO 639: 1998subclasses of Language
10-003SCLanguage. Locale. IdentifierThe identification of the locale of the language.stringGeographicArea

Ontologies consist of