cctont-imp

[cctont-imp] Business/eBusiness Controlled Vocabulary - English Definit

To: cctont-imp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Monica Martin <monica.martin@xxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:37:15 -0700
In the course of developing our ontology, we should be referencing
adopted standard definitions in our work as much as we can.    (01)

Could anyone on this list suggest/offer resources on the "official"
(or defacto) English definitions of business terms.    (02)

... In particular,    (03)

Sue,  I remember you were working on (or have access to) a set of such
controlled vocabulary and their definitions. Is there something you
could provide us to use as a reference?    (04)

Garret,  at our 2004.06.15 meeting, you mentioned that there is a ISO
TC 154 group working on this. Is this the same effort that Sue is
working on, or a different initiative? Any resource you can point us to?    (05)

Monica, I went back to an earlier discussion
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2004_03_18#nid062    (06)

which led to
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2004-03/msg00041.html and
then the link you shared:
http://www.cenorm.be/cenorm/businessdomains/businessdomains/informationsocietystandardizationsystem/ebusiness+and+ecommerce/ebes+%28ebxml%29+workshop/forum_presentations.asp    (07)

Somehow, the link doesn't work any more. Would you still have access
to that resource; or, documents/standards relating to the subject
matter that this presentation had pointer us to (if they are different
from the two items (what Sue and/or the TC 154 people are working on).    (08)

Anyone else?    (09)

Thanks & regards.  -ppy    (010)

To  Post: mailto:cctont-imp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Msg Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/cctont-imp/