[uos-convene] Role of evaluation

To: Upper Ontology Summit convention <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Nicola Guarino <guarino@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 20:54:23 -0500
I wrote:

I don't think Mill's piece is SO bad, he clearly has a vague idea of upper-level ontologies, a vaguer idea of axiomatic ontologies, and is definitely against common UO. Explaining him the role of axiomatic ontologies is probably more important than convincing him on the utility of a common ontology....

...in addition, he points the role of evaluation, which is something we should explicitly address in our meeting.

Nicola

Nicola Guarino
Co-Editor in Chief, Applied Ontology (IOS Press)
Head, Laboratory for Applied Ontology (LOA), ISTC-CNR
Institute for Cognitive Sciences and Technologies
National Research Council
Via Solteri, 38
I-38100 Trento

phone:     +39 0461 828486