RE: [uos-convene] Role of evaluation

To: "Upper Ontology Summit convention" <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 16:11:42 -0500
Mills has been one of the very few who have focused on the business value of ontologies and semantic technologies, and his perspective/message is important.

He has been interacting with Doug Lenat since yesterday to craft a sound message, and this will continue through Wed.

By the way, I am not an apologist: I just think there is real value in having someone describe the business potential/necessity for our technologies.

Thanks,
Leo

Dr. Leo Obrst       The MITRE Corporation, Information Semantics
lobrst@xxxxxxxxx    Center for Innovative Computing & Informatics
Voice: 703-983-6770 7515 Colshire Drive, M/S H305
Fax: 703-983-1379   McLean, VA 22102-7508, USA