Re: [uos-convene] UOS Agenda and Logistical Details

To: Upper Ontology Summit convention <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 18:12:01 -0800
Adam,    (01)

Again, I will defer to Leo, but I do trust that he is doing this
for a good reason ... also, the 3/14 agenda has actually had some
discussion on the [uos-convener] list since Leo made a first
attempt on pulling together an agenda a little while back.    (02)

I do want to point out, though, that the 3/14 meeting is NOT an
open meeting, there will be no audience, per se. It is just for
the uos-conveners (outsiders will only be observers even if they
show up,) and the purpose is principally to come to some
consensus on what can be agreed to, what are still open issues
that needs to be investigated, and how can we deliver a joint
message, as a team (hopefully), to the public that will help
clarify some of the questions or  misunderstandings they may have
with formal upper ontologies.    (03)

I bet you guys already know each others' work well enough ... do
you really think 30 minutes will actually give you a better
chance (over 5 minutes) to convince Doug, Nicola, Barry or
Matthew, etc. one way or the other about SUMO? ... IMHO, I think
the fact that we can actually be in the same room, and be able to
realize that we can, collectively, get a better shot at this than
each of us can, alone, is going to make it for us and the entire
community.    (04)

Cheers.  =ppy

Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpperOntologySummit    (09)