[uos-convene]: Relating ontologies

To: adampease@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Upper Ontology Summit convention <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: bateman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 19:01:41 +0100

Adam,    (01)

you mentioned just now in the telecon some overheads that
you used yesterday (?) to illustrate irreparable
incompatibility between SUMO and DOLCE. Since you were
last in Bremen 2-3 years ago we have been working more or less
continuously on issues of relating deeply axiomatised
ontologies. I would be interested in seeing the
examples that you used so that we could consider
how we would be going about relating these incompatibilities
with our kinds of tools. This might make some of the
discussion more concrete when it comes to what may or
may not come out of the exercise of relating ontologies
and also help relate to the other initiatives and
actions in this direction.    (02)

Could you send a pointer to the overheads?
Best,
John B.    (03)

Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpperOntologySummit    (04)