Re: [uom-ontology-std] What is mass?

To: "uom-ontology-std" <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "ingvar_johansson" <ingvar.johansson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 12:31:42 +0200 (CEST)
Matthew W wrote:    (01)

>> Matthew W: "Could you give me a unit (or two) that you think only
>> applies to
>> one kind-of-quantity, and I'll see if I can identify another?
>>
>> IJ-answer: m (length), kg (mass), and t (duration).
>
> MW: So some other quantity kinds that use these units would be:
> Maximum ship length allowed on berth
> Maximum allowed loaded weight
> Minimum Dwell Time (but you  did not actually give a unit for this)    (02)

To me you mix up a kind-of-quantity and its unit with kinds of things that
can be BEARERS of instances of this kind-of-quantity. Also, I think you
have fallen prey to some of the mistakes that John Sowa spotted in his
last mail.    (03)

Best,
Ingvar    (04)

PS. Isn't t the unit for Minimum Dwell Time?    (05)