Re: [uom-ontology-std] An UoM Ontology based on UCUM v1.6

To: Gunther Schadow <gschadow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: uom-ontology-std <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 11:21:15 -0500

On Jul 24, 2009, at 8:36 AM, Gunther Schadow wrote:    (01)

> I doubt neither you nor I have misunderstood anything. I find
> a discussion on whether the terms are "dictatorial" or not, and
> "unnecessary" or not entirely out of scope of a discussion that
> should be or need to be had here.
>
> The debate should be altogether technical.
>
> The question is not "if is UCUM is to be a kind of ingredient in
> the brew ahead", but in which *additional* brew ahead.
>
> And I am sure the majority of brewers brewing this brew here like
> to focus on content.
>
> There should be debates on content. Then, if that debate on content
> brings forth a motivation, there will be an agreement on the
> legalese. But there will not be a debate on UCUM's legalese here.
>    (02)

Your tone is completely inappropriate and somewhat offensive. You do
not have either the authority or the stature to dictate to an open
forum what it should or should not be discussing. There will be debate
here on whatever topic the participants, here, wish to discuss. You
are free to participate or not, as you choose.    (03)

Pat Hayes    (04)

phayesAT-SIGNihmc.us       http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes    (06)