sio-dev

Re: [sio-dev] Definition of the SIO project

To: sio-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 11:19:03 -0400
Cameron,    (01)

Those are very promising developments.  I had some questions:    (02)

CR> The Common Logic IDE is based on the Samian Platform being
 > developed by Kojeware.  The objective of the Samian Platform
 > is to provide tools and software infrastructure to support
 > the construction of semantic systems based on Common Logic.    (03)

I couldn't find any information about that.  The Kojeware site
says that they are developing the Samian Platform, but there
is no further info about it.  I found many hits for "Samian
Platform" on Google, but most of them are for dating pottery
in the Roman Empire.    (04)

Is that platform open source?  The plans for the OOR are to
make it and and its supporting software open source.  Eclipse,
for example, is free and open source, but the Eclipse license
permits any software, commercial or free, to run on it.    (05)

Since Eclipse is very widely used in the IT industry, it could
promote commercial applications of Common Logic.  But we also
want to support research and education, and a lightweight
platform for AI software would also be desirable.  But open
source would be a high priority for that as well.    (06)

CR> However,  I would also consider the FMF message format
 > outlined in http://www.jfsowa.com/pubs/paradigm.pdf if you
 > could make the details of the format available.    (07)

We've implemented a lot more since the original paper from 2002
( http://www.jfsowa.com/pubs/arch.htm ).  We want to make the
spec freely available, but it's still undergoing some changes.
I'll discuss the issues with my colleagues to see how soon we
can make anything available.    (08)