Re: [oor-forum] Categories for ontologies

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 00:18:47 -0700
Till,    (01)

> [TillMo] In the OOR instance http://socop.oor.net, the categories are
> (exhaustive list): Commercial, Cultural, Defense, Financial, Geospatial,
> Government, Literature, Metadata, Other, Process, Provenance,
> Science, Social Networking, Standards, Technology, Upper Ontologies.
> I now just wonder what we should do for Ontohub.    (02)

[ppy] This is one of the OOR customizations (on the BioPortal vm
package) for a general (non-domain specific) OOR instance. Besides the
SOCoP-OOR instance, you will find the same on the OOR-sandbox instance
too ( http://sandbox.oor.net )    (03)

Ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR_SandBox_Customization#nid317J
We had some discussion on this (as you can see in the reference, where
MikeDean initiated this customization) in earlier OOR sessions (back
in 2011). If your repository is for a specific domain (like BioPortal,
or say, even SOCoP) you might want to provide finer grain
categorization. If your repository is not domain specific, then this
should be (at least) a good starting point.    (04)

Regards. =ppy