Re: [oor-forum] OOR Sustainability

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Adam Pease <adampease@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:29:18 -0700
Hi John,
  I agree with your list.  SUO-KIF is a language (#1).  SUMO is a
resource (#2). Sigma is a toolset (#3).  I'm not really sure what you
mean in distinguishing tools and platforms.  Maybe a platform is a set
of tools.  I get government research funding for 1-3 and government and
occasionally commercial funding for 5.
  I think #1 has to be largely unencumbered, maybe only by the copyright
that would prevent someone else from creating a language with the same
name. #2 is best given a CC or GFDL license I think, although the
BSD-style license WordNet uses has served it well.  For #3 and #4 I like
LGPL.  #5 may well be proprietary, and that can be the case with an end
user product that uses the previous layers with the licenses I
recommend.    (01)

Adam    (02)