Re: [ontolog-admin] [oor-forum] OOR Research Issues - Call for Comments

To: Todd J Schneider <todd.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kenneth Baclawski <kenb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-admin] forum" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 18:06:40 -0700
Sounds great ... thank you Todd and Ken.    (01)

May I suggest changing the filename to,    (02)

<OOR-Requirements-and-Challenges--KenBaclawski_20090814a.pdf>    (03)

rather than,    (04)

<Requirements-and-Challenges--KenBaclawski_20090814.pdf>    (05)

because,    (06)

1. otherwise when people download the file and ending up with just the
filename), we will lose the context (which was originally available
from the directory structure, if people just navigate within the CWE),
therefore, to comply with the <title-description--author_date-version>
filenaming convention*, having "OOR" in front is appropriate.
[ * ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2004-02/msg00029.html ]    (07)

2. adding the "a" help identify this version, especially when we are
soliciting input ... and this has got be be just one snapshot of the
final deliverable (at least, this is our 'cheap' way of having some
version control.)    (08)

3. maybe we should have two directories:    (09)

  http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OOR/Requirements
&
  http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OOR/ResearchIssues    (010)

and consider filing this under either one of the above (decision from,
say, the lead author as to which is more appropriate.)    (011)

Cheers.  =ppy
--    (012)