[ontology-summit] Russian translation of the Communique [was - Re: Last

To: Nikolay Borgest <borgest@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ontology Summit 2013 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 10:01:24 -0700
Dear Nikolay,    (01)

Thank you for your message.    (02)

> I find this document to be of great importance to everyone involved in the
> applied ontology design and implementation. ...  I would like to make a
> translation of the document to make it available to
> our Russian-speaking colleagues and publish it in the “Ontology of
> designing” journal ( http://agora.guru.ru/scientific_journal ).    (03)

[ppy] Thank you for the encouraging words. It will be wonderful to see
this Communique translated. Thank you for taking the initiative.
Please go ahead.    (04)

Your pursuit in promoting the research and advancement in the
"Ontology of designing" sounds great. ... (As an aside) Being an IAOA
member yourself, you are probably aware that there is a related
effort, and an emerging SIG (Special Interest Group) in "Design
Semantics" there - ref.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?IAOA#nid2Z05    (05)

> Could you please tell me if there are any limitations or restrictions on the
> publication of the translation of the document?    (06)

[ppy] Like the rest of the Ontolog body-of-knowledge artifacts,
collectively built by the community over the years, and showing up on
the Ontolog site (our collaborative work environment), the Ontolog
open IPR Policy[1] and use license applies to this Communique too. In
particular, I suggest you proceed in accordance with the Creative
Commons CC-BY-SA-3.0 (Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0) License[2] (as OPL
1.0 is somewhat dated now.)    (07)

  [1] http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32
  [2] http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/    (08)

All the best to the translation work and your "ontology of design"
endeavor; ... and do send us a link to your translated version!    (09)

Feel free to contact me if there is any further question.    (010)

Thanks & regards. =ppy
--    (011)