[ontology-summit] March 8, 2013

To: Ontology Summit 2013 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-dev]" <ontolog-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Yuriy Milov <ymilov@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 07:26:30 -0500
Dear women of Ontology Summit 2013 (дамы, ladies, madams, so on),    (01)

We, the gentlemen of the Ontology Summit 2013, especially love you in
this International Women's Day and wish you all the best!    (02)

It would be great to say ("we love you") as a poetry but all the words
was already said by great poets.    (03)

I'd like to make this congratulation related to the Summit topic.    (04)

Ontology looks like a poetry because the message it bears is limited by
some special form (triplets, OWL, RDF, XML, so on).    (05)

Now, how can we "evaluate" the poetry art?    (06)

What is important? Rhythm? Or how it sounds (melodia)? Or what is it
about (the sense and meaning)?    (07)

Who (what) is important for poetry to live? Is this a poets reading
their poems, or who is listening or reading the poerty, or the poerty books?    (08)

My hackathon/clinic pre-proposal is to develop/impove/apply a semantic
web WIKI model (based on AceWiki or MediaWiki, or write a new core) for
the "triplet" paradigm for "poet-book-reader" relationship.    (09)

It could be considered as a sort of a common "living ontology art" space
for ontology creators, ontology critics, and ontology users.    (010)

If such OntoWiki could be done, for example, as a Google Web Application
project (for AppEngine server GAE
https://developers.google.com/appengine/ ) - a lot of instances would be
setup and run concurenly (as we can see the wikimania stream now)
because it is free and may be setup online easily in minutes.    (011)

Now we have:    (012)

The reasoner of the AceWiki sandbox
http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/webapps/acewikisandbox/ does not working
properly at this moment (I saw it worked before).    (013)

APE is not a Java project (it uses a swi-prolog
http://www.swi-prolog.org/ ), so it canot be deployed to GAE.    (014)

But (a good news) we have a web avalibale APE
http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/ape/ (this can be a solution - to use a
specialized APE webservices)    (015)

Today is the deadline for the proposal submiting, so it's the next last
call for collaboration :-)    (016)

Please answer who wish to help get runing a sort of AceWiki on GAE
during the hakathon/clinic day.    (017)

--
Regards,
Yuriy Milov