Re: [ontology-summit] [quality] Some Terms and Definitions

To: Ontology Summit 2012 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Kátia Coelho <katiaccoelho@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 19:11:49 -0200
Ei Mau,

qual sua opinião sobre o que estão discutindo?

beijo
Kátia C.Coelho

Em 13 de fevereiro de 2012 08:55, Peter R. Benson <peter.benson@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
Mike, I believe that you will find that there is indeed considerable consensus on the meaning of the term "quality" within the standards community and that it is being successfully applied in practice. The definition is "meets stated requirements". It is a relative term as requirements vary from one individual and one function to another. Quality can be measured by comparison to the stated requirement.

It follows that without a stated requirement there can be no  assertion of quality.

ISO 22745-30 is a standard for stating requirements for data.

Peter
Cell: +1 610 462 5923