Re: [ontology-summit] OS-2012 Problem Space

To: Ontology Summit 2012 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: joseph simpson <jjs0sbw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 17:15:04 -0800
Yuriy:

Alexander Gross has produced "Six Laws of Language..."

See link: http://languag2.home.sprynet.com/f/evishop.htm

FIRST LAW:
"1.  All communication takes place in shared contextual space, subject to a more or less complex process of disambiguation, depending on the conditions inherent in the other five Laws.  That space can be more or less roughly measured according to a specialized system of cartography."

SECOND LAW:
"2. The Law of Variable Context

If two people share sufficient context, almost any words, including sheer nonsense—or no words at all—will suffice for them to communicate with each other. If two people do not share sufficient context, then not all the words in the world may be enough for them to grasp each other's meaning. Where intermediate degrees of partial, fragmented, or otherwise limited or "noise-distorted" context are shared, communication will be proportionately difficult and/or unsuccessful."

During the discussion on this list, I have developed a context that I associate with your comments. The context of associates terms with variable meaning to a scientific-mathematical context.

Have fun,

"Two chicken's in every system"

"System, systems, systems, systems of systems, system! Systems?"

Joe