Re: [ontology-summit] Ontology Summit process

To: Ontology Summit 2012 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Nicola Guarino <nicolguar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 00:55:19 +0100
Folks,

honestly I believe that the questions below ("Why haven't semantic technologies been adopted as an integral part of the IT mainstream?" and similar), although very relevant, are out of scope for the present Summit. Indeed, these issues have been discussed rather extensively in the latest Summit, and I warmly encouraged interested people to have a look at the final Communiquè (Making the case for ontology) and at the Ontology Summit 2011 wiki pages.

Of course, nothing forbids us to re-visit these issues with a specific reference to big systems, big data, and the other track themes. But I would like to keep the discussion focused, as it is too broad already.

Best,

Nicola