Re: [ontology-summit] Large-scale engineered systems vs. large-scale soc

To: Ontology Summit 2012 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: joseph simpson <jjs0sbw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 16:41:36 -0800
Ali:

All good points...

The response to these points would depend on context and the value added by the effort to create and maintain the distinctions.

One of my main concerns is the discrete nature of the relationships among concepts in an ontology.

I have explored the application of "variable strength" binding for concept groups.

The key is to find methods that are effective, efficient and practical.

These methods will change from context to context, which proposes yet another "graduation -- value --- pragmatics" problem.

Take care and have fun,

Joe