Re: [ontology-summit] iPlant and CUAHSI, which track?

To: steve.ray@xxxxxxxxxx, Trish Whetzel <whetzel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nancy Wiegand <wiegand@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ontology Summit 2012 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:02:43 -0800
Steve & Trish,    (01)

If I understood Nancy correctly, her original intent was to help
co-champion one of the track and put together a track to produce a
joint work between the summit community and her (geospatial ontology
community) as one of the session. This is obviously a bit late now,
but the idea may still fly, and could come in the form of a mini-set
of presentations (maybe) that takes up part of one track session to
delve into a particular "big system application" in slightly more
detail than a single 5~10 minute presentation, I suppose.    (02)

I'll stop here and let Nancy explain what she has in mind ... and
openly discuss possibilities with you guys (Track-4 co-champions) from
here on. I'm sure the rest of us on the organizing committee would be
interested on how this develops, so we can get additional ideas on how
things can be framed and produced.    (03)

Thanks & regards. =ppy