Re: [ontology-summit] [Strategy] Disruptive Applications

To: Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Phil Murray <pcmurray2000@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 06:44:01 -0400
Thanks, Tim.

BTW, the illustration link is broken.

It's actually http://www.semanticadvantage.com/Map1/Resources/putting_meaning_to_work.html

    Phil

Tim Wilson wrote:
I agree with you, Phil.  Ontology is but one tool in the Knowledge Management toolbox, along with other methods of converting tacit knowledge into explicit knowledge, such as developing Communities of Practice, improving workflow through adaptive case management concepts and using the knowledge audit to identify and mitigate knowledge bottlenecks in the organization.

It also involves being involved with the people who do the work, understanding what drives them crazy and developing initiatives that can ease the load and improve knowledge worker satisfaction, while adhering to an upper management strategy and associated business rules.

Tim Wilson