Re: [ontology-summit] Invitation to a brainstorming call for the 2011 On

To: steve.r.ray@xxxxxxxxxx, Ontology Summit 2010 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Bennett <mbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 20:58:44 +0000
I would add:

Financial Services (investment management / derivatives / capital markets etc.) including regulatory reform

People may be interested to know that in the actions arising from the Dodd/Frank financial reform bill in the US, there are questions coming out of Government already which explicitly ask about ontologies.

For example:

http://www.cftc.gov/LawRegulation/FederalRegister/ProposedRules/2010-30905.html

(see questions 7 through 13).

I may not be able to make Friday's call but please count on my efforts in helping take this forward.

Mike