Re: [ontology-summit] Invitation to a brainstorming call for the 2011 On

To: <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Bradley Shoebottom" <bradley.shoebottom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 11:21:37 -0400
John,    (01)

Our TopQuadrant part of the trial used Sesame. The KIM part of our Trial used
Ontotext's BigOWLIM.    (02)

Working with Ontotext was my first exposure to SeRQL. I have not yet done a
side by side comparison to SPARQL. SPARQL we like because it is a standard, and
when mixed with SPIN and SPARQLMotion, can do some interesting functions,
referencing to external script processing, and reasoning tasks.    (03)

OWL-DL was the most suitable for what we wanted to do with axioms.    (04)

I attended a recent TopQuadrant training session in which it was expressed that
OWL-2 was overly complex and that OWL-RL could do everything that OWL 2 could
with less restrictions. Since I do not have formal training in Description
Logic (hoping to fix that problem this year), I cannot comment in detail.    (05)

Bradley Shoebottom
Information Architect - R&D, Innovatia Inc.
Tel: (506) 674-5439  |  Skype: bradleyshoebottom  | Toll-Free: 1-800-363-335
begin_of_the_skype_highlighting
bradley.shoebottom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | www.innovatia.net | Follow us on Twitter    (06)