Re: [ontology-summit] Proposed draft wording for opening part of communi

To: Ontology Summit 2010 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Fabian Neuhaus <fneuhaus@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 07:48:04 -0400
Peter (and everybody)
I don't think that the benefit of ontologies is necessarily a better
understanding of particular problem domains. This might be sometimes the
case, but the main reason that people are interested in ontologies seems
to be to me that they want to solve information exchange/
interoperability problems.    (01)

I tried to integrate your proposal with the existing text. Against my
better judgment I gave it a try and rephrased the introduction in a way
that explains what ontology is and what its benefits are. I am sure I
will regret that very soon.    (02)

Best
Fabian    (03)