Re: [ontology-summit] Progressing a Units Ontology - Now

To: "'Ontology Summit 2009'" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Patrick Cassidy" <pat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 20:57:00 -0400

Starting to collect ‘unit of measure’ ontologies.

I have placed the NASA SWEET “sciUnits.owl” ontology in the OOR repository(http://oor-01.cim3.net/ontologies) as SWEETunits.  I also modified that file to change two of the relations from imported (from the NASA math ontology) to native to the units ontology itself; this change makes those relations visible in a Protégé instance window.  This minimally modified SWEET ontology is listed as ‘SWEETunits Mod1’.  They are classified in the “File by Category” list as “other”.  Using this category reduces the number of ontologies presented in the list, making it easier to find SWEET units – but it’s easy enough to find when “All Categories” are displayed.

Any other unit ontologies we should consider?

Pat

Patrick Cassidy

MICRA, Inc.

908-561-3416