Re: [ontology-summit] [Repository-Arch] Minimum required metadata forOOR

To: Ontology Summit 2008 <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Rex Brooks <rexb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 07:01:12 -0800
Thanks Matthew,    (01)

The work itself is valuable, and provides much
material to discuss, but it poses two immediate
questions that open up other threads:    (02)

1. What are the MetaModel Description Languages
appropriate to our tasks, and which should we use
for which tasks? (corollary: Do we have the time
to wrestle with the issues of representations
versus descriptions of metadata
attributes/properties?); and
2. Is this thread aiming for the compilation of a
list of properly qualified attributes or a more
general set of prioritized attributes/properties?    (03)

Please note that this is a request for a
clarification of what this thread is addressing,
not the relative values of the two questions that
fall out of this first stake in the sand of this
thread. This is not a comment on the EXPRESS
document itself, which will take more time to
digest than this response could include.    (04)

Cheers,
Rex    (05)

Rex Brooks
President, CEO