Re: [ontology-summit] Ontology of ontology

To: "Ontology Summit 2007 Forum" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 07:29:46 -0800
Michael et al.,    (01)

Thank you. Yes ... we will definitely need to build out that (shared
understanding in an) ontology of ontologies, at least informally,
before we could get to the goal of this summit.    (02)

A major difference this time, is that rather than for anyone community
to be telling others who are also using the term 'ontology' that "You
are not talking about an Ontology, Ontology is actually xxxxx, you
should use the term 'yyy' instead ..." we'd rather collect what each
community (formal ontologists, semantic web folks, web 2.0 netizens,
... etc.) mean when they use the term, and then, somehow, device some
mean so that the world-at-large doesn't get confused (when this same
term is used to mean different things.)    (03)

Thank you very much, Michael, for pointing us to the Wang and Gangami
papers ... great stuff!    (04)

Regards.  =ppy