Re: [ontolog-forum] Update on the Next Ontolog virtual meeting on "The T

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Bruce Schuman" <bruceschuman@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 09:32:10 -0700

Thanks.  Of course, you are quite right.  From my perspective, the important factor is the high level of global-level mass-market saturation this protocol is achieving.  This seems significant in the broad context of “interoperability issues” that will probably continue to arise at all levels of the global economy – not only within specialized industries, but at every point “in the grid” – or, as Cisco used to call it – “the human network” – now called “the internet of everything”  --  where cooperation or shared understanding becomes important.

Today, with a high-speed Cox cable connection, I have an absolutely amazing “mapping” capability at my immediate convenience.  It’s really quite stunning.  And many other integrative systems are emerging – like “Slack” – another elegant and rapidly growing framework, developing mass-market client-oriented integration around something like 80 significant internet applications – like “Drop Box” or “GitHub”.

https://slack.com/integrations

Or http://www.cisco.com/

Bruce Schuman, Santa Barbara CA USA

http://networknation.net/vision.cfm