Re: [ontolog-forum] Update on the Next Ontolog virtual meeting on "The T

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 07:17:24 +0100

Dear Bruce,

If you are saying that Google map coordinates are not globally consistent – but are culturally relative, and change from country to country or region to region – that would come as a surprise to me – but one I need to hear about.

[MW>] I’m sure Google are using WGS84. But actually Google don’t rule the world, so you can’t assume that everyone else (and especially every other map) is using it too.

Regards

Matthew West

http://www.matthew-west.org.uk

+44 750 338 5279