Re: [ontolog-forum] Architecture of Intelligent Systems - Flexible Modul

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <metasemantics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 09:45:06 -0700

John and Ed,

Re the blackboard with lotsa agents reading and writing, how do you handle lock and deadlock issues?  If you only let one agent perform a complete activity at one time, that would avoid both lock and deadlock, but would waste the opportunity to use many cpus in the process.

There are classical ways to design threads so that they are thread-safe, as I am sure you know, but it would seem to require more depth than just that thread analysis method to really use a buncha cpus and cores and software functions which will be required for effective AI programs.

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper,

Rich Cooper,

Chief Technology Officer,

MetaSemantics Corporation

MetaSemantics AT EnglishLogicKernel DOT com

( 9 4 9 ) 5 2 5-5 7 1 2

http://www.EnglishLogicKernel.com