Re: [ontolog-forum] Watch out Watson: Here comes Amazon Machine Learning

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 11:05:59 +0100
Dear John,
Another problematic category is possibilia (things that might be, or
possibly are in some parallel universe). I'm not sure whether you would
consider these to be abstract or not. It can be argued either that they are
figments of the imagination, or that they are as concrete as we are in some
other universe.
I have been asked my position on this on more than one occasion. My answer
is that I can't know and I don't care. The criteria for including possibilia
(or not) is utility vs the baggage that comes with the extra commitment.    (01)

Regards    (02)

Matthew West
Information  Junction
Mobile: +44 750 3385279
Skype: dr.matthew.west
matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.informationjunction.co.uk/
https://www.matthew-west.org.uk/
This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in England
and Wales No. 6632177.
Registered office: 8 Ennismore Close, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire,
SG6 2SU.    (03)