Re: [ontolog-forum] Endurantism and Perdurantism - Re: Some Comments on

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 20:29:47 -0000

Dear Ed,

You said:

Another of my pet peeves is the insistence of certain persons that any reference to future states requires some kind of modality, or ‘branching time’.  There are situations in which you want to examine possibilia, yes.  But for much knowledge engineering, I prefer the view that there is a world you take to be ‘actual’ and if there is time in that world, then there is, and some of that time can be in the future.

[MW>] Yes. This works fine if there is only one plan you are considering, and it was certain that the plan would not change and would be implemented on time. How would you handle multiple plans for the way a project might be implemented? Or how would you handle dealing with developing a strategy that worked for multiple scenarios?

Regards

Matthew West

http://www.matthew-west.org.uk

+44 750 338 5279