Re: [ontolog-forum] Massive Ontology Interface

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 14:34:58 -0400
On 10/1/14 2:16 PM, John F Sowa wrote:
> For a front-end to OpenCyc, see the abstract below.  That web page
> has a link to the PDF for the full paper.
>
> The concluding paragraph:
>> >Ontology interface design is in its infancy.  Ironically (given the
>> >relative maturity of the two fields) it is more common to try to use
>> >ontology as a tool in HCI development than to use HCI as a tool in
>> >ontology development.  We have made gains in shifting a ‘classic’
>> >ontology interface from expert-user-only to a state such that the
>> >general public may contribute to it if they wish.  Our results indicate
>> >that the interface we developed does encourage users to become involved
>> >in contributing to ontological knowledge.  With increased user uptake,
>> >the quality of the information contained within the ontology will
>> >improve,  as well as using user feedback as an evaluation mechanism.
> One of the co-authors, Cathy Legg, had worked at Cyc for some years,
> and they have been testing the interface on university students.
> So that gives them some perspective from users, teachers, and
> developers.
>
> John    (01)

John,    (02)

Here are some links that identify documents that offer an interface into
the world of Open Cyc, in Linked Open Data form:    (03)

[1]
http://lod.openlinksw.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsw.opencyc.org%2Fconcept%2FMx4rv-wD55wpEbGdrcN5Y29ycA&graph=http%3A%2F%2Fws.nju.edu.cn%2Fnjvr%2F    (04)

-- Type of Human Capability    (05)

[2]