Re: [ontolog-forum] axiom & mKR experiment

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 17:00:41 -0400
Bruce and Phil,    (01)

BRS
> That poor guy.  He is such an innocent...    (02)

He is not innocent.  He has a PhD in electrical engineering,
and he worked for years at Bell Labs.    (03)

I am always willing to help anyone who is willing to learn
and to do some hard work to accomplish something.  But RHM has
only one goal:  to publicize a trivial notation that nobody
else has found any use for.    (04)

Many of us have made some suggestions about how he might adapt
it to various tasks to make it useful.  But he has only one
response:    (05)

RHM
> All of ______'s functions can be expressed, and executed, in mKR.    (06)

Fill in the blank with FOL, CycL, IKL, Tala, etc.  That implies that
mKR is (a) very powerful or (b) vacuous.  Hint: it's not powerful.    (07)

PCJ
> I don't know enough about mKR to comment on whether it could support
> a TalaMind system.    (08)

Pat Hayes kept asking about the details and the semantics.  And the
answer is nothing.  The only thing mKR does is to associate a name
with a vaguely stated sentence in ordinary English.  There's no
semantics.  There are no rules of inference.  It's vacuous.    (09)

PCJ
> I wish Richard well with his efforts, and indeed everyone who conducts
> research in the TalaMind approach.    (010)

He's sent 70+ notes to Ontolog Forum with nothing but SPAM.
We all wish him well, but we wish he'd do it elsewhere.    (011)